Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Me" Time

Yep.  I did it.  I took a whole day to myself to get things done and then simply enjoy some "me" time.  I organized closets.  I took donations to Goodwill.  I cleaned out junk from the spare room/office.  I did about 30 loads of laundry.  I got groceries.  I even went for a 3 mile run (with my fastest mile yet at 9 min 30 sec!).  I felt like Superwoman.

Then this afternoon, I went to Loft to use some coupons, went tanning, and spent a good 2 hours or so wandering around Barnes & Noble.  I absolutely love bookstores.  I sip my green tea while flipping through books in every section.  I love checking out travel books and dreaming of trips I could take.  I love perusing books on different religions just to take on a new perspective for a moment.  I laugh at the people who feel they are "important enough" to write a biography.  And I spend at least 30 minutes rummaging through the bargain books looking for a gem.  I went home with one bargain book and a new journal.

I've decided I need to get back to writing when the moment strikes me.  I used to do this a lot in high school and college.  I wrote poems, short stories, quotes I found that I loved, or even my random thoughts of the day.  I sincerely miss it.  I didn't realize how much until I had to start writing again for a class I'm taking for my masters.  I thought it would be really cheesy, but I'm actually enjoying it.  We're sharing our pieces while being critiqued by our classmates.  It's a very humbling but stretching experience. 

So here's to taking a little "me" time just to write...

No comments:

Post a Comment