Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wedding Watch!


I know that many people are tired of hearing about the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.  I've been reading people's complaints all week on Facebook.  Personally, I couldn't disagree more!  I'm so excited and can't wait!

My reasons?

A.  The news is full of enough depressing information.  I appreciate that for once we are focusing on something positive, even if it is a bit extravagant.  They're royal for goodness sake!  It should be extravagant!

B.  I had a secret (or not-so-secret) crush on Prince William in middle school.  Pretty sure a magazine photo of his gorgeous smile and disheveled blonde hair was hanging in my locker.  (Most likely it was similar to the photo below.)  He may be thinning on top these days, but he's still pretty dashing.  And his voice?  I could listen to him talk all day.  There's just something about those Brits and their accent... ;)


C.  The fact that Prince William chose a women he seems to truly love and care for is inspiring.  They both took their time to know and trust each other.  Hopefully they have much better luck than many of the other royal couples.

D.  I believe the traditions of the monarchy are beautiful, even if they do seem old-fashioned by some.  Traditions make us who we are today, and Prince William and Kate are respecting their country and church by honoring traditions of the past.

So how will I be celebrating this momentous occasion?  I plan to wake up bright and early to get ready for work, and then I will enjoying a cup of tea on my comfy couch while curled up with my puppy watching the festivities.  I'll have to go to work eventually, but then my co-workers and I plan to watch the rest of the wedding on our Promethean boards in our classrooms before our students arrive.  The little munchkins may have to watch the end of the ceremony with me, whether they like it or not.  I mean, it's history in the making, right?  I do teach social studies after all!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment