Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wrinkle, Shrinkle

Ok, I have a general question for other 20-something females out there. Do you have wrinkles? I don't mean severe lines or anything, but do you have those annoying little creases in your forehead or around your eyes when you smile? I know I do, and I thought was completely normal. I actually can't remember not having little creases in my forehead. They are not super noticeable. You have to be about a foot from my face to see them. The only reason I ask is because I read this article in my Glamour magazine last night (which probably is not the most sound medium for advice) and they stated that in your 20s you should not have ANY wrinkles on your face. AT ALL. They said if you have wrinkles before you're 30 then you've been exposed to too much sun. Now I know that I have been burnt a time or 2, and I do go in the tanning bed once a week, but I have a medical reason to do so. My dermatologist recommended it for my eczema. I don't even stay in the whole time! I use sunscreen EVERY DAY and there is also SPF in my foundation. I just find it hard to believe that every woman out there under 30 is running around wrinkle free. I feel like we as a society are taking much better care of our skin than our mothers or grandmothers did. Goodness gracious, my mother was a baby oil queen, and she still only uses SPF 4 at the beach! I will continue to be devoted to sunscreen and check myself for freaky moles, but I refuse to believe that I'm "abnormal" because of a few little lines on my face. I'm pretty proud of those lines anyways. I think I got them from giving my students "the look" all the time in class. It's worked for me so far, and I will continue to use it to my advantage. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Dude I totally read that article too and was shocked. I do have one wrinkle and I refuse to believe its because I'm out in the sun. there are other factors that lead to wrinkles too, such as not drinking enough water, sleeping on your sides or stomach (hello mushy face) and plenty of others. That's one time that I think Glamour is wrong!

    p.s. you are still beautiful to me:)

    ReplyDelete