Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Let them eat cake

If you know me at all, you know I'm very Type A. I'm organized, I make a plan, I follow set plan until it falls apart, and then I usually have a Plan B for back-up. I like to do things MY WAY, although I'm not too pushy about it. I usually have a way of making my way sound awesome. This works great as a teacher, because a classroom functions pretty well when you're detailed and organized. However, real life isn't always so perfect. No matter how organized, or detailed, or planned out I try to be, sometimes I admit I just need a little help.



Wedding planning has really showed me that. Not being from this area, I've had a tough time finding vendors within my price range (or within driving distance for that matter) and I've had to deal with people not returning phone calls or e-mails. For the most part though, it's really fallen into place, and I owe a lot of that to my fabulous Matron of Honor. I picked her for a reason because:



A. She's my "person". (If you watch Grey's Anatomy, you get the reference.)

B. She's an organized, amazing, planning person like myself.

C. She knows this area like the back of her hand.

D. She seems to always be able to point me in the right direction for everything I need.



She went with me to pick out my steal of deal wedding dress, she hooked me up with my fabulous photographer, she's planning a bridal shower that I know will be super cute, and today she led me to a possible cake baker that I'm so excited about! This lady is truly talented and she's so affordable compared to every other vendor I looked into. Steve and I looked through her portfolio on Facebook, and we found a cake we really liked. We'll make a few changes to fit our taste (and ditch that stupid topper) and I think in the end it will be absolutely perfect.





My mom always tells me that "things fall into place when it's truly meant to be". I hate to admit this when it happens, but darn it, my mother was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment