Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's in a name?



Labels are kind of silly, but I found out today that there is actually a name for me and my funky diet. I'm officially a strict Pescatarian, meaning a person who does not eat red meat, poultry, dairy, or eggs, but does eat fish and seafood. I even joined a Pescatarian group on my favorite website: Sparkpeople.com. We swap advice and recipes and pretty much show some love for others who have made the same choice. It just makes me feel like I'm not alone or crazy for choosing this nutrition plan. Yay!

*Side Rant:
I tried a new sushi place tonight called Sushi & Spice. It's right across from CNU and I pass it every day on my way to work. My curiosity got the best of me on my way home tonight so I decided to stop in. I placed an order for take-out and was told the wait would be about 15 minutes. I figured that was no big deal because I needed to make a phone call anyways. After a huge glass of water and 35 minutes of waiting, I FINALLY got my food and bill. First of all, I was charged $20 for 3 sushi rolls. Ridiculous! Second of all, 35 minutes is too long for sushi. Sorry. Finally, the food was terrible! The sushi rice was falling apart, my Spicy Tuna was completely bland, and the California Roll tasted about as fresh as a toilet paper roll. I think I'm going to write a nasty review on Yahoo. I don't usually do that, but come on people!

No comments:

Post a Comment