Saturday, September 3, 2011

Variation of "The Plan"

My official last day of the Whole 30 Challenge was August 27th. I will honestly admit that I didn't follow the plan exactly. I ran into a small a problem that I wasn't expecting. I just wasn't eating enough calories! I would eat eggs and fruit for breakfast, chicken or shrimp with a salad or veggies for lunch, nuts and another piece of fruit for a snack, and then a lean meat and veggies for dinner. I struggled to find enough things to eat that could increase my calorie intake and still fit "the plan". Every day I was only eating about 900 to 1,000 calories, which just isn't enough for a 5'5" woman! I started adding in some greek yogurt for lunch and some whole grain cereal or toast with my breakfast. It brought my calorie total up without drastically increasing my carbs. I think this is a plan I can realistically stick with on most days, and that's really what I'm looking for. I can't stick to a plan if it doesn't fit my lifestyle or if it stresses me out. As far as my pain levels, which is the main reason I started this, I've seen a major improvement. I had very minor pain this past month, and I just felt better in general. Shocking, right? Eat good, whole food and feel better while doing it. Gasp! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment