Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Whole30 Updates

Lately I've been spending a lot of time on the Sparkpeople website to track my calories and fitness. I also blog quite often about my weight loss and fitness progress. Thought I would include my last few posts to give an update on my Whole30 Challenge.


Day #6

So...I slipped just a bit. I was giving my students some Skittles before taking a test this morning, and I started munching on some. Honestly, I didn't really think about it. Then all of the sudden, I realized what I was doing. I'm not supposed to have ANY sugar!!! Now technically, the Whole30 site says that you are supposed to start again at Day #1 if you slip up. Well I'm sorry, but I'm human. Instead, I'm blogging about it so I can confess and be aware of it. And from this moment on, NO MORE SUGAR!!!

Day #8

What a great day so far! Started my morning with 3 eggs and some fresh black cherries, and then had a great circuit workout with a trainer at the gym. I love that Planet Fitness has FREE personal training sessions! The 30 minute circuit alternates between 10 weight machines and 10 cardio stations. Let me just tell you, by station 12 I was ready to call it a day! What a great workout though! It definitely showed me that I need to do a variety of cardio (not just running), that my abs really need some work, and my shoulders are super weak. Surprisingly though, my legs, back, and arms were much stronger than I thought. I looked at the weight that Ronnie kept choosing for me and thought in my head, "You've got to be kidding!", but then I banged out the reps! I plan to do the circuit 2x per week in addition to my running routine. I will then choose a P90x lifting DVD for a 3rd day of strength training. It's my weakness and I know it, so I'm excited to have something new to motivate me to get it done!

When I came home, I decided to take my measurements. I haven't done this in months, and I knew it probably wouldn't be pretty. Overall, I've gained .5 inches in my waist and 1.5 inches in my hips. I've never kept track of my thigh or arm measurements, so I'm excited to see how those change. Here's where I'm at right now:

Bust - 37 in.

Waist - 30.5 in.

Hips - 40.5 in. (Can we say curvy? lol)

Thigh - 24 in.

Upper Arm - 11.5 in.

I plan to measure again in one month. Here's to seeing numbers go down on more than just the scale!

Day #11

11 days ago I started the Whole30 Challenge, and one week ago I started a Biggest Loser Challenge with my friends. I weighed in this morning at...

146.6 lbs!

That's down 3 since starting Whole30 and down 2 since starting the Biggest Loser! Woohoo!

Off to Trader Joe's today to stock up on some healthy food for the week, then circuit training at the gym. I love feeling fit and healthy!

Day #12 - Today!

I went to the beach with my friends today, and it was so relaxing! I know I've only lost a few pounds, but I felt lighter and much more comfortable in my bikini. I packed a healthy lunch of veggies with hummus, strawberries, and some cashews, and lots of water! It was a hot one today! I also joined the My Fitness Pal website, which I'm pretty excited about. I love that I can see my progress as well as my friends'! Pretty cool concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment