Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stuck in a Moment

I'm not really sure what's wrong with me lately. I feel like I've been in a permanent bad mood for weeks now. I've tried to hide it, hold it in, not make a big deal of it. It finally came to a head very embarrassingly at lunch today with a few of my closest friends. Thank goodness it was with them because they are probably some of the most understanding people I know.

Part of my foul mood is due to teaching summer school and taking a second grad class. I'm tired and overwhelmed and I really just need a break. I know that people who are not teachers work all year long, so I really shouldn't complain about not having a summer. The problem is, as teachers, our work follows us home all throughout the school year. It's draining and exhausting. Summer is our only time to try to attempt to recharge our batteries before going through it all over again in the fall with a new group of kids. I'm worried that I'm going to be starting this year feeling exhausted and worn down. Not good when you need energy and enthusiasm to try and motivate a group of 4th graders.

I think the other part of my funk has to do with jealousy. And I can't even begin to say (or write) the reasons that I'm jealous. They sound really stupid when I try to put them into words. I'll just say that there are some things I know I need to get over. I'm too old to be worrying about such dumb crap.

On a lighter note, Steve asked me what I was doing. I told him I was writing. He asked, "Are you blogging? What are you blogging about? Menstrual cycles? The Steelers? Your feelings?"

I couldn't stop laughing.

1 comment:

  1. Boo I'm sorry you're in a rut. Just keep your head up and try to keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete