Friday, March 26, 2010

Caught "the bug"

I can not even remember the last time I felt this sick. Everything is coming out of me (at both ends, sorry to say) and I'm weak, feverish, and miserable. I stayed home from school yesterday and called off from BBW. They were pretty rude on the phone, which I expected, but who cares. They DO NOT want me dealing with customers in the state I'm in. I did go back to school today, mainly because it's Friday and all I do is give quizzes. My students were very sweet to me, mostly because I heard they had the most awful and ridiculous substitute ever. She apparently spent most of the day on the computer or texting on her phone, and she cut apart the work that my students were supposed to do. They are 9 & 10 years old! You can't just leave them to their own devices. My one little boy came up to me scared to death today and said, "I'm really sorry, but I didn't get to finish my timeline activity. The substitute cut off the part I was supposed to cut and paste, and I didn't know what else to do. I'm so sorry." I felt so bad I just wanted to hug him, but I didn't because I was afraid I might puke on him. This is the main reason why I hate getting sick. It sucks to feel crappy, but I also hate missing school because when I return to my classroom it's like all hell broke loose. There were papers everywhere, she assigned the wrong homework, and the other teachers kept coming in to tell me horror stories. Thank goodness I'm back at home where I can relax for the night and get some rest.

Steve is out of town for the weekend for his big fantasy baseball draft (which still makes me think of that scene in Knocked Up...lol) so I plan to do what I usually do when he's gone. I rent the movies he doesn't want to see, and I usually get some sushi. I'm passing on the sushi for now, but hopefully by tomorrow or Sunday I'll feel up to it. I rented "Precious", which I heard is amazing...and "500 Days of Summer" which just intrigues me. Here's to a night all to myself... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment