Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Morning cup of coffee

I would love to say that I started this blog because I have an unbelievable amount of creative thoughts that I want to share with the world.  Truth is, my life is mundane and I'm really just looking to escape for a few minutes into a dream where I feel or seem important.  I always watch those movies like "The Devil Wears Prada" and I want to be one of those high powered women who effortlessly walks in designer heels carrying a cup of coffee and a Louis Vitton, looking all-knowing as she smirks behind her oversized sunglasses.  Instead, I sit at my desk in my fourth grade classroom where I'm just a simple teacher.  I sip my iced coffee, stare out the window, and cringe at the number of papers I should be grading.  I put the emphasis on "should".  Instead, I will savor this moment of peace while my students are out of the room, and I will close my eyes and pretend that I am sitting in a corner office as a book editor, perusing through manuscripts and having someone bring me my lunch.  

Aw, to dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment