Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A day in the life of a vegetable nut...

So I thought I would share what I've been eating on a typical day.  I've always been curious about how vegetarian/vegan people eat so here goes my share time...

Breakfast:
- Whole Wheat English Muffin w/ 2 Tablespoons of Smart Balance Peanut Butter (It has extra Omega 3s)
- Banana

Lunch:
- Either a salad full of tomatoes, cucumbers, and garbanzo beans w/ Asian Peanut Vinaigrette OR Trader Joe's Vegan Black Bean or Lentil Soup
- Cooked Broccoli (which has tons of protein) or fresh broccoli with hummus
- Strawberries or apple

Afternoon Snack:
- Handful of almonds (with our without dried fruit)

Dinner:
- Seafood with rice or baked potatoes and mixed vegetables OR pasta with marinara sauce and mixed vegetables  (I plan to get more creative with my dinner options once I get a better handle on this plan)

Evening Snack:
- Lowfat Granola w/ mixed berries (frozen or fresh)


So far, so good.  I only caved once yesterday when I was giving my students Poptarts and broke down and ate one myself.  I'm supposed to stay away from refined sugars....but they were calling my name!  I know that each day will have its own temptations, and I'll just have to learn to choose better options instead.  Honestly though, I'm just proud of myself for sticking with it this long!  hahaha

1 comment: