Monday, May 10, 2010

Never Never Land

Picture this:

It's a beautiful Saturday morning.  The sun is streaming across the water, the birds are singing, and it's a breezy 65 degrees.  Where am I?  In bed with 3 of my friends, one of which is snoring obnoxiously.  We're passed out after a crazy night together, and pretty soon one more of our friends comes running in to join us.  The 5 of us proceed to talk and giggle like school girls for the next two hours....discussing boys, stupid things we said last night, fashion, body woes, and ofcourse, more boys.  You might think from this story that I'm 16 years old.  No, no.  I'm 26.  I love the fact that my friends and I just don't care when it comes to social "norms".  We act mature and professional when we have to, but for the most part we're just looking to have the best time ever.  We're loud, we're silly, we dance like fools, and sometimes we drink a bit too much.  But when it comes down to it, we are probably the best group of friends a girl could ask for.  We support each other, we tell the truth (even if it hurts), we mend each other's broken hearts, and we never take anything for granted.  We are going to squeeze every bit of fun possible into each day of our lives, and we won't let "age" be a factor in our schedule or decisions.  I still believe that in 10 or 20 years, we'll be the loud group of crazy ladies sitting on the beach, drinking a nice cold one and telling old stories.  And guaranteed we will still be talking about boys.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! i loved this post! it made my eyes well up a little bit...I LOVE MY GIRLS!

    ReplyDelete